Friday, May 2, 2014

Violent Violet: At the Ball


     I (sorta) completed my 1828-ish Romantic dress for the Gaskell Ball last weekend. I say sorta, because I still have a few things I want to do to perfect it. I got scared trimming the skirt would be too much, so I left it off, but now I know I want it again, so I'll have to do that. Also, proper hem facing, sleeve supports, and an extra petticoat or two. On to the ball...
     We had a blast! There were somewhere around 15 of us who were in the group and made their dresses. It was the BEST. We looked frickin amazing. I LOVED EVERYONE'S DRESSES! Pictures: all photo credit to the amazing Vivien and Natalie! They rock.

We were a rainbow! That made me so happy.

Blue/purple group!


Poofy sleeves!


My dress.  



     Boyfriend had a great time smashing my sleeves down. He kinda hates the dress, but I don't!

Here he is with me, before he smashed my sleeves.
Again.


     The ball was filled with laughing, squealing, amazing prettiness, amazing women, TONS of pictures, and lots of dancing. It was a night to remember...

5 comments:

  1. It was so much fun! I look forward to our next group project!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE your dress and your hair!! What a wonderfully delightfully color! The "rainbow" picture of all the dresses is so fabulous!! What an inspiration you are!! I will be checking back here when I start my own Romantic Era dress!
    Blessings!
    Gina

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would like to award you the Liebster award! You are a great inspiration! For information, look here:
    http://beauty4ashes7.blogspot.com/2014/06/liebster-award.html
    Blessings!
    Gina

    ReplyDelete