|via Behind the Tapestry blog|
|via Annie Leibovitz for Vogue|
I traced my corsetted size from the bodice pattern on large tracing paper, sewed the mock-up, and pinned on the back and spent a while adjusting where the darts would be and fixing the shoulders and waist height to my shrimpy proportions. Mum was great help with pinning me into it. Once we had the right alterations, I ripped all the seams out and used the flat mock-up pieces as my new pattern to cut my fashion fabric and lining from. I sewed the fashion fabric pieces together, but got delayed sewing the lining, because I lost one of the pieces in my monstrously messy bedroom. I had plenty lining left, so I re-cut it later.
Then, I set to stitching boning channels to the seam allowances inside the bodice. Still finishing that up:
|Channels will be on every seam.|
|The thread is some upholstery thread I'll be using for the cartridge pleats on the skirt.|
|And some new embroidery things. I'm trying my luck at hankerchief embroidery...|