Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Concentration Dress #2: 1920s Pretty Woods

     The next dress on my list is inspired by a 1923 Robe de Style by Jean Lanvin titled "Pretty Woods". Lanvin designed some really lovely Robes de Style and I wanted to try my hand at making one. It's to be my senior prom dress and I'm very excited about it! Here's the dress:

I saw it in the Smithsonian Fashion: The Difinitive History of Costume and Style.
Mum got it for me for Christmas and I've fallen in love.
I turned the page to it, and was like, "Mum, I found my prom dress."
          There will be some changes. I'm not doing those tabs in the front and I'm thinking maybe cherry blossoms instead of, I think, peonies..? Might keep those, though. The silk might be a brighter teal, too. And perhaps a low V neck in back....all just thoughts. We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment