Saturday, April 23, 2016

Queen Victoria's Wedding Dress: A Quick Preview


   
     Yeah, it's been a while. Again. I need to stop feeling bad about it and just accept that I'll post when I'll post and just let it be! I've been working like crazy in art school. Lots of work, but lots of fun. I have a lot I want to post about: projects I've finished or am working on, projects I am starting, projects planned.
     Here's a quick post about my work on Queen Victoria's wedding dress, which happens to be a final project for one of my college classes AND for a fun ball once school gets out!

Queen Victoria's wedding dress:

The original dress, sans skirt flounce.


A portrait of the happy couple.

Blurry mirror try-on photo.


Wrinkly in-progress.


Tacking on neckline lace


The pleated tops of the sleeves.

     I want to post all the details and background/research of this project next time. I'll have the dressed finished soon and ready for proper photos with all of Victoria's wedding accessories!

Little Mothball,
Over and out.

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Oh, good! I'll be wearing American Duchess Bronte slippers with it. You and Dames a la Mode will be providing Victoria's accessories!

      Delete
  2. Oh Le Sigh!!! This is going to be beyond spectacular! I can't wait to see you all decked out if royal finery wearing this fabulous creation!! You have done a splendid job!
    Blessings!
    g

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh! Thank you! I know you do wonderful Royal costumes and accessories yourself! I love all your Royal Orders.
      We are actually doing a photoshoot with "Prince Albert" and my ladies in waiting, so I hope to post those soon!

      Delete