Sunday, October 5, 2014

Want-To-Do Sewing List


     Even though I have minimal time to make ALL THE THINGS, I can still fantasize about the projects until Winter Break.

This one's been on my plate for ages: Danaerys from Game of Thrones

            

     

      

I love most of her clothes, especially her blue "dragon scale" pieces. 

Next: Outlander





     I love the earth-toned wool tartans and practical working pieces. I adore the show and I think it's the push I needed to get into 18th c. costuming. But to start a new era I need new undergarments! I really like Claire's wedding stays, so I am looking at using the JP Ryan Strapless Stays pattern and making it front-lacing. 

Next: Early Bustle Dress
I finished Truly Victorian's Grand Bustle, so I need something to wear over it! I like the idea of something deep blue or purple and pair it with a big braided bun.







And next: April Gaskell 2015 Dress
The theme this year is "Girls in White Dresses with Blue Satin Sashes". We get to choose whatever era we want, but white and with a blue sash.
I'm 99% sure I'm doing a 19-teens dress-Lucile-inspired gown. 

              

               



    And so much more! If anyone has any tips or advice or ideas for these projects, please let me know! These are all new costume and techniques to me and I could use all the help I can get. Over and out.



3 comments:

  1. I love them all! Simplicity has a new GoT pattern out with the dragonscale dress and cape, might be helpful. And I'm sure you already know that Michele Carragher has a how to on doing the dragonscale on her website.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm... actually, I can't find it! Do you know a place to look?

      Delete
  2. I'll check out the Simplicity pattern, thank you! Yes! I love Michelle's site!

    ReplyDelete